This blog serves as a resource for Online Journalism I at Rowan University, a course that examines the online news landscape and offers students hands-on training and experience in digital journalism. Over the course of the semester, each student will select a news beat to cover and perform a series of reporting, writing, and multimedia assignments.
- Gain an understanding of the state of online journalism today.
- Explore the unique challenges and opportunities of doing journalism online.
- Learn to report, write, and produce in styles that are appropriate to online media.
- Acquire a basic knowledge of HTML and the use of a content management system.
- Use various online tools to manage text, links, photos, maps, audio, and video.
- Experiment with digital storytelling.