1. Have something to say. Say it well.
2. Break news.
3. Be a novice. Be an expert. Be a guide.
4. Carve out a niche.
5. Write with an honest, personal voice.
6. Digest information and spit it back out in a way that is more useful for your audience.
7. Post often.
8. Create a regular feature. Keep them coming back for more of the same.
9. Write with variety. Keep them coming back for the surprise.
10. Link. Link. Link.
11. Expand your blog roll. Ask other blogs to add your URL.
12. Give credit to others. And link to them.
13. Email your friends, relatives, co-workers, and professors and tell them what you are doing.
14. Put your blog URL on your Facebook page, MySpace page, and personal Web site.
15. Use tags.
16. Use shared bookmarks like delicious.
17. Read your comments.
18. Contact the experts. Interview them. Do a Q and A. Profile them.
19. Email a link to anyone you write about.
20. Post intelligent, substantive comments on other blogs. And then give your URL.
21. Submit your blog to search engines like technorati.
22. Join online networks, groups, and rings.
23. Pay attention to your Blog Stats.
24. Edit yourself.
25. Keep at it.
26. Learn from others.
Add your own tips below.
How to get traffic for your blog (Seth Goldin)
How to boost your blog traffic (Paul Stamatiou)
Building blog traffic for newbies (The Blog Herald)
How To Increase Traffic to Your Blog (Web Reference)