When Shepard Fairey transformed an Associated Press photograph of Barack Obama into the iconic “Hope” poster, it sparked a debate over the limits of copyright, fair use, and artistic license. But it also transformed the image from photojournalist Mannie Garcia into a work of art, according to an article in the New York Times. The photo is now on sale at a Chelsea gallery in a limited edition of 200. The prints are selling for $1,200 apiece.
- RT @freepress: The NJ legislature has introduced Civic Info Bill A4933. Tell lawmakers to vote YES. act.freepress.net/sign/journ_nj_… #NewsVoices @fr… 3 weeks ago
- Want to shape the future of local news in South Jersey? Come to @freepress event tmrw, 5/2 at 7pm @RowanUniversity act.freepress.net/survey/nj_rowa… 1 month ago
- #SouthJersey, how would you improve local news? Bring your ideas to event on May 2 at @RowanUniversity… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 months ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: Advice for #journalism students: Learn HTML/CSS & go to @ONA @NICAR - Q&A w @stacyannj, data editor @FortuneMagazine https… 2 months ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: Congrats to Kelley Davis and Kyle Sullender, recipients of this year's @RowanUJourn medallions for excellence in journalis… 2 months ago
- 168,757 hits