When Shepard Fairey transformed an Associated Press photograph of Barack Obama into the iconic “Hope” poster, it sparked a debate over the limits of copyright, fair use, and artistic license. But it also transformed the image from photojournalist Mannie Garcia into a work of art, according to an article in the New York Times. The photo is now on sale at a Chelsea gallery in a limited edition of 200. The prints are selling for $1,200 apiece.
- #NICAR18 tipsheet ire.org/conferences/ni… 1 week ago
- RT @RispoliMike: Big news today! When you hear someone say no one cares about the future of journalism, tell them about the thousands of NJ… 2 weeks ago
- RT @mdipento: DEADLINE EXTENDED: 3/4 Share your ideas for innovative journalism education at #ONA18 @ONAConf & beyond. @tkCUNY is offering… 3 weeks ago
- For the past decade, I've tried to encourage experimentation and innovation in my journalism classroom. Here are a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 weeks ago
- RT @DartCenter: Those covering the #Parkland school shooting, please consult our tips and resources for covering mass killings, interviewin… 1 month ago
- 169,939 hits