When Shepard Fairey transformed an Associated Press photograph of Barack Obama into the iconic “Hope” poster, it sparked a debate over the limits of copyright, fair use, and artistic license. But it also transformed the image from photojournalist Mannie Garcia into a work of art, according to an article in the New York Times. The photo is now on sale at a Chelsea gallery in a limited edition of 200. The prints are selling for $1,200 apiece.
- RT @RowanUJourn: JOB OPENING for adjunct for digital reporting course at @RowanUJourn. MA and multimedia experience required. Must be avail… 20 hours ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: We've extended our search for a Prof of Sports Journalism at @RowanUniversity until Jan. 5. It's full-time, tenure-track p… 1 week ago
- If you live in Philly, NYC, LA or Pittsburgh, go see @questthedoc. It's a beautiful documentary. quest-documentary.com #AFilmCalledQuest 1 week ago
- RT @RowanUniversity: Congrats to @RowanRadio for being named the second best Four-Year College Radio Station of the Year by the Associated… 3 weeks ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: What would you do to improve news coverage of South Jersey? Make your voice heard at this @freepress event on 11/16 at 6:3… 1 month ago
- 169,381 hits