When Shepard Fairey transformed an Associated Press photograph of Barack Obama into the iconic “Hope” poster, it sparked a debate over the limits of copyright, fair use, and artistic license. But it also transformed the image from photojournalist Mannie Garcia into a work of art, according to an article in the New York Times. The photo is now on sale at a Chelsea gallery in a limited edition of 200. The prints are selling for $1,200 apiece.
- RT @IRE_NICAR: 🚨 College students 🚨 @djnf is taking apps for its 2018 summer internship program --including data journalism. https://t.co/… 1 day ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: @RowanUJourn students: Go to this event. In Philly. Saturday, Nov. 4 $10. Meet lots of journos and innovators. https://t.c… 1 day ago
- @TheWhitOnline @RowanUJourn Good read twitter.com/NiemanReports/… 4 days ago
- RT @SPLC: Covering DACA for a student publication? Here’s some things you should know: bit.ly/2xS3gmf 5 days ago
- RT @CPIJournalism: Come out to the @PenPencilClub on October 11th at 7:30 p.m. for the #ONA17 Show and Tell: meetup.com/ONA-Philly/eve… @ONA 1 week ago
- 169,077 hits