Lindsey Hoshaw, a recent graduate of Stanford University with a background in environmental journalism, raised $10,000 from more than 100 people through the community funded reporting project Spot.us. The donations helped cover the cost of reporting a story about a huge garbage patch floating in the Pacific. The New York Times published the Hoshaw’s story Afloat in the Ocean, Expanding Islands of Trash this week.
- RT @StefanieMurray: More awesome news out of #NewJersey: Our local @ONA group is up and running! Join ONA New Jersey today: https://t.co/Gr… 1 week ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: JOB OPENING for adjunct for digital reporting course at @RowanUJourn. MA and multimedia experience required. Must be avail… 1 month ago
- RT @RowanUJourn: We've extended our search for a Prof of Sports Journalism at @RowanUniversity until Jan. 5. It's full-time, tenure-track p… 1 month ago
- If you live in Philly, NYC, LA or Pittsburgh, go see @questthedoc. It's a beautiful documentary. quest-documentary.com #AFilmCalledQuest 1 month ago
- RT @RowanUniversity: Congrats to @RowanRadio for being named the second best Four-Year College Radio Station of the Year by the Associated… 2 months ago
- 169,566 hits