Lindsey Hoshaw, a recent graduate of Stanford University with a background in environmental journalism, raised $10,000 from more than 100 people through the community funded reporting project Spot.us. The donations helped cover the cost of reporting a story about a huge garbage patch floating in the Pacific. The New York Times published the Hoshaw’s story Afloat in the Ocean, Expanding Islands of Trash this week.
- RT @CPIJournalism: Tomorrow: 'How did you do that?' — Lightning talks about successful Philly news projects, with @ONA Philly: https://t.c… 1 day ago
- Honored to receive a @towknightcenter Disruptive Educators Fellowship to @ONAConf Looking forward to learning. facebook.com/groups/Entrepr… 1 week ago
- RT @freepress: The NJ legislature has introduced Civic Info Bill A4933. Tell lawmakers to vote YES. act.freepress.net/sign/journ_nj_… #NewsVoices @fr… 2 months ago
- Want to shape the future of local news in South Jersey? Come to @freepress event tmrw, 5/2 at 7pm @RowanUniversity act.freepress.net/survey/nj_rowa… 3 months ago
- #SouthJersey, how would you improve local news? Bring your ideas to event on May 2 at @RowanUniversity… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 months ago
- 168,936 hits