Each student will select a news beat and set up and maintain a blog. The blog must have a specific focus (i.e., a subject, a neighborhood, a specific topic).
1. Set up a blog using WordPress.com (If you want to use another program, talk to me first.)
2. Select a design that is appropriate for your news beat and blog.
3. Create a compelling title for your publication. It should tell what the blog is about and pull readers in.
4. Create an “About” page or sidebar widget. You must have your full name on your blog. Write one or two lines describing the focus of your blog and telling the audience who you are.
5. Add the following features:
-blog roll with at least five relevant blogs
-categories and tags
-other widgets that help may flesh out your beat and online publication
6. Make sure your blog allows comments, that your time zone is set correctly (to UTC -5).
For specific instructions, see How to Set Up Your Blog on WordPress.com
Due: Monday, Feb 8 or Tuesday, Feb 9
Points for your Blog Set Up (25 points)