Post 3: Original 300-500 word web article with two sources. Due Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Compelling, descriptive headline that uses keywords. (See How to Write Effective Web Headlines)
- 300-500 word article. Write it and format it using Tips for Writing for the Web. (See what can be done in 352 words)
- Two sources: real people who you talk to and quote.
- Post content provides useful information to the reader.
- Post is clear, organized, and free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Proper use of hyperlinks. (See guidelines for How to Link)
- Five appropriate keyword tags.
-Read “Why I Blog” by Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic Magazine
-Read JournalismNext Chapter 4 – Microblogging (p. 93-118)
-Read JournalismNext Chap 10 – Managing news as a conversation (p. 277-309)
-Read JournalismNext Chapter 3 – Crowd-powered collaboration (p. 68-92)
-Read JournalismNext Chap 11 – Building a digital audience for news (p. 310-334)
-Read “What I Learned in Joplin” by Brian Stelter at http://bit.ly/j5FRiK