Bring your camera and chords on Thursday.
Quiz 2 on Thursday, October 6 covers main terms and concepts from:
-JournalismNext Chapter 4 – Microblogging (p. 93-118)
-JournalismNext Chap 10 – Managing news as a conversation (p. 277-309)
-JournalismNext Chapter 3 – Crowd-powered collaboration (p. 68-92)
-JournalismNext Chap 11 – Building a digital audience for news (p. 310-334)
-Twitter 101 for Journalists
-News As a Conversation
-Copyright, Fair Use, and Creative Commons
In short answer questions, you must be able to summarize central arguments of:
“Why I Blog” by Andrew Sullivan, The Atlantic Magazine
“What I Learned in Joplin” by Brian Stelter (You might also want to read my blog post about why I want my students to read this article.)
Post 4: Q &A (text) with photo of subject. Due by 8:00 p.m. on Saturday
- Find a relevant person with something to say about your topic. Aim high and have a back up.
- Prepare your questions.
- Do a Q & A by phone, in-person, email or online chat. Transcribe it. Edit it for grammar/spelling. Decide how much of it to run.
- Write up a few sentence introduction. Who is the person? Why is she/he someone we should hear from? What does she/he have to say?
- Bold your questions so it is easier to read.
- Add hyperlinks to more background information.
- Post a photo of your subject, preferably one you take yourself.
- Write a descriptive, compelling headline with key words.
- Five keyword tags.