Due Saturday, January 28 by 8 p.m.
Worth 30 points
Email me your URL by the deadline.
Blog Set Up:
Each student will select a beat and set up and maintain a blog. The blog must have a specific focus (i.e., a subject, a neighborhood, a specific topic). Your topic must be approved by the instructor.
Blogs must have the following elements:
- Specific, focused and accessible beat
- Compelling, informative title
- Appropriate theme and complete design
- About Page or text on your sidebar that explains your publication
- Author’s full name – first and last – must be in a permanent location on the blog (ie About Page)
- Blogroll with at least five other online publications or blogs related to beat or topic
- Archives widget
- Blog Stats widget
- Time zone set correctly. (Select “New York” in WordPress)
- Check spelling, grammar and AP style.
Your first post should introduce yourself and your blog topic to your audience. Outline what you hope to accomplish in the coming weeks, what kinds of stories you plan to do, etc. Check spelling, grammar, and AP style.