Post 7 (free choice) and 8 (photo series) due by 8 p.m. Saturday, March 10.
Post 8 (Photo Series) – Worth 40 points
Go somewhere and photograph an event/topic/people related to your beat. Post a series of photos, a photo gallery, or slideshow.
- You must take your own photos.
- Take more photos than you need. Try to take 50+ images. Post only your strongest images.
- Post 3-5 strong images. Use your judgment on how many images are needed to tell the story.
- Take photos of people, faces, details, and action.
- Get full names of subjects – first and last.
- Your photographs should show real events, real people, and real places in real-time. Do not stage or manipulate your subject or photos.
- Take a variety of images; a mix of wide, medium, and close-ups.
- Write introductory text or photo captions as needed. Use text for names, locations, and date. Your photo caption should convey information that is not available in the images. Don’t repeat the information that is obvious in photograph.
- Write a descriptive, compelling headline with key words.
- Five keyword tags.
- If you are photographing Rowan sporting events, minors under 18, or are on private property, you may need a photo waiver.
-Read JournalismNext Chapter 6 – Visual storytelling with photographs
-Read Look at Me! A writer’s search for journalism in the age of branding by Maureen Tkacik, Columbia Journalism Review