Post 4: Original 300-500 word article that quotes at least two sources. Due Saturday at 8 p.m.
- Compelling, descriptive headline that uses keywords. (See How to Write Effective Web Headlines)
- 300-500 word article formatted for the web. Write it and format it using Tips for Writing for the Web.
- Two sources quoted. These are real people who have something relevant to say. You quote them word-for-word. Full names uses.
- 5 Ws answered
- Compelling lead
- Organized story structure
- Writing is compelling, free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Post is scanning-friendly. It features shorter sentences (or mix of long and short), paragraphs, lists, and headings.
- Post is related to beat topic and provides useful information to the reader.
- Key facts and information are attributed to sources, with hyperlinks if possible.
- Proper permissions and credit for content created by others.
- Posts are tagged with five user-friendly key words.