1. Get your two audio files to your computer. If you are using a cellphone, email it to yourself. Then save it to your desktop. If you are using a digital recorder, plug in your USB and find the files. Drag them to your desktop.
2. Convert your files using Switch
• Open Switch. (Go>Applications>Switch)
• Drag your files into the workspace.
• Set the output to .aiff if you are using GarageBand. Output to .wav if you are using Audacity.
• Check the box marked “Output to the same folder as source files.”
• Click “Convert” button.
• Look on your desktop. You now have duplicates of all of your files, but it will say .aiff at the end. These are the files you want to use.
3. EDITING YOUR AUDIO TRACKS IN GARAGEBAND
• Open Garage Band (Go>Applications>GarageBand)
• Select Create New Podcast Episode. Name it. Save it to your desktop.
• Click on Male Voice Track. It should turn blue. Select Track from the Menu at the Top. Select “Delete Track.”
• Repeat Step 4 and deleting the Female Voice.
• Drag the .aiff version of your recording into empty gray space below the Podcast track.
• Click on the Scissors icon. (You can move the location of your tracks in the top field. You edit in the lower field.)
• Edit your interview. Arrange all of the files into correct order.
• Adjust the volume controls on each track so that the volume is consistent through out the entire segment.
• When you are done, go to the end of your track and locate the end marker. It looks like a purple triangle at the top of your track. Slide it to the place where you want your audio to end.
• Save your Garageband file.
4. EXPORTING .MP3 FROM GARAGEBAND
• Select Share from the menu at the top. Select using the “Export Song to Disk” or “Export Podcast to Disk” depending on your GarageBand version.
• Compress using “.mp3 Encoder.”
• Set Audio Setting to “Good Quality” or “Spoken Word” depending on your GarageBand version.
• Click Export.
• Save it to your Desktop.
• You now have a finished .mp3 that you can upload to another site and then on to your blog.
HERE IS A GARAGEBAND TUTORIAL VIDEO:
IF YOU PREFER TO USE AUDACITY, WATCH THIS TUTORIAL
5. PUTTING AN AUDIO FILE ON WORDPRESS.COM USING SOUNDCLOUD
• Go to SoundCloud.com Create an account.
• Upload your audio to SoundCloud.
• When it it done loading, click on the “Share” or Embed button. Look for the WordPress.com icon.
• Click on the WordPress.com button and copy the embed code.
• Go to your WordPress blog. Create a new post.
• Paste the SoundCloud embed code into your post.
• Save. Publish.
• It will create a player on your blog that looks like this: