Post 4: Original 300-500 word article that includes quotes from at least two sources.
Due Sunday, Feb. 24 at 8 p.m.
Worth 50 points
- Compelling, descriptive headline that uses keywords.
- 300-500 words
- Two sources quoted. These are real people who have something relevant to say. You quote them word-for-word. Full names required. (Friends and family make lousy sources)
- 5 Ws answered
- Compelling lead
- Organized story structure
- Writing is compelling, free of spelling or grammatical errors.
- Post is scanning-friendly. It features shorter sentences (or mix of long and short), paragraphs, lists, and headings.
- Post is related to beat topic and provides useful information to the reader.
- Key facts and information are attributed to sources, with hyperlinks if possible.
- Proper permissions and credit for content created by others.
- Posts are tagged with five user-friendly key words.
Review the grading rubric for blog posts. I’ll start using it this week.