Blog Set Up and Post 1 (40 points) due Sunday, Feb. 9 at 10 p.m.
Each student blog must have the following elements:
- Specific, focused and accessible beat pitched on time (10 points)
- Compelling, informative title (2 points)
- Appropriate theme and complete design (2 points)
- About Page or text on your sidebar that explains your publication (2 points)
- Author’s full name – first and last – must be in a permanent location on the blog like an About page or on sidebar (1 point)
- Blogroll with at least five other online publications or blogs related to beat or topic (5 points)
- Twitter widget. You can use an existing Twitter account or set up a new one specifically for this blog topic. Follow 20 accounts related to topic. (5 points)
- Archives widget (1 point)
- Blog Stats widget (1 point)
- Time zone set correctly. (Select “New York” in WordPress) (1 point)
-1 for each typo, spelling or grammar error, AP style mistake or incomplete element.
Post 1: Your first post should introduce yourself and your blog topic to your audience. Outline what you hope to accomplish in the coming weeks, what kinds of stories you plan to do, etc. Check spelling, grammar, and AP style. (10 points)