- Social Media Site Usage 2014 (Pew Research Center)
- 8 key takeaways about social media and the news (Pew Research Center)
How can journalists use social media? Using Twitter as example:
- What I learned in Joplin (Brian Stelter)
- Twitter offers advice to journalists (Mashable)
- 10 ways journalists can use Twitter before, during, and after a story (Poynter)
- What every young journalist should know about using Twitter (Poynter)
- Considering the ethics of using Twitter for journalism (Poynter)
- 100 Twitter accounts every journalism student should follow
- Twitter has created a guide for newsrooms
You can ask the same question for other platforms…
- 5 ways journalists are using Pinterst (Poynter)
- How media outlets are using Vine to deliver the news (Business Insider)
- The most popular and active news bands on Instagram (Adam Sherk)
- Snapchat’s new Discover feature could be a significant moment in the evolution of mobile news (Nieman Lab)
How can you use social media to report, promote your work and connect with others who are passionate about your blog topic?
That’s for you to figure out.
What you do now is practice and experience for the future.
For example, this Rowan graduate turned passion and experience in social media into a job.